As the eCommerce Strategy Director, you will play a pivotal role in leading our agency’s efforts in defining and implementing eCommerce strategy deliverables for our clients. Your primary objective will be to drive revenue growth, enhance brand visibility, and optimize the user experience across multiple eCommerce channels for our clients; including DTC, Amazon, Walmart, and other marketplaces. This role interfaces cross-functionally with internal teams, external partners, as well as clients, and must be fantastic at developing and managing relationships. As this is a capability we are growing at the agency, this role is expected to have tasks and deliverables at all levels. Candidate should be comfortable both providing strategic direction/leadership and executing client deliverables. We are currently Amazon Partners, Shopify Partners and Adobe Commerce Certified. The ideal candidate will be proficient in these areas, as well as, deepen our expertise/relationships with other marketplace platforms and solutions.
Responsibilities/Areas of Expertise:
eCommerce/Marketplace Strategy & Roadmaps: Develop customized eCommerce/Marketplace playbooks for our clients based on business objectives and eCommerce/Marketplace best practices, policies, and processes. Provide actionable recommendations to accelerate our clients’ businesses leveraging the eCommerce ecosystem.
Go-to Market/Media Strategy: Lead the eCommerce team in elevating the eCommerce experience through search, site merchandising, new product onboarding, and collaboration with cross-functional teams on content execution. Establish frameworks and processes for GTM campaigns, including product listing optimization, paid search, sponsored ads, and promotions. Ensure accuracy, relevance, and alignment with client brand guidelines and standards.
Pricing and Shipping Strategy: Create and implement pricing and shipping strategies to maximize profitability, competitiveness, and customer value for our clients. Conduct market research, analyze pricing trends, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize pricing models and promotions. Experience with international ecommerce sales considered a bonus.
Analytics and Optimization: Develop measurement plans and utilize analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, and Marketplace Seller Analytics tools to analyze key performance metrics, including sales, traffic, conversion rates, RoAS, TACoS, ACoS, etc. Implement A/B testing and best practices to optimize listings and campaigns that drive continuous improvement.
Vendor Relationships: Develop and maintain strong relationships with eCommerce/marketplace vendors to drive collaboration and maximize opportunities for our clients.
Industry Knowledge: Stay up-to-date with the latest eCommerce/Marketplace trends, best practices, and policies. Provide thought leadership and recommendations to our clients based on industry changes and emerging opportunities.
New Business: Participate in new business sales efforts with potential new clients.
Team Leadership: Build out eCommerce capability and collaborate with teams across the agency to deliver outstanding results.
Collaboration and Communication: Build strong relationships with our clients and internal stakeholders. Align eCommerce initiatives with business objectives and effectively communicate strategies, process, progress, and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in eCommerce, preferably in a digital agency setting, with a focus on omnichannel marketplace strategy and marketplace advertising.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful eCommerce strategies, resulting in revenue growth and increased market share.
- Extensive knowledge of various eCommerce marketplaces – protocols, policies, processes, guidelines and best practices.
- Proficiency in implementing A/B testing platforms and utilizing best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret complex data sets to derive actionable insights. Hands-on experience with analytics platforms.
- Strong leadership abilities with experience in building and managing high-performing teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders at various levels.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic agency environment.
- Experience with product/content syndication platforms (I.e. Salsify, Syndigo, etc…)